Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, July 09, 2004

"Today you'll be working with nurse Stabby McBloodspurt."

It's never fun to start your day by being stabbed in the arm. For those who don't know me, I'm a regular platelet donor with the American Red Cross. I'll try and recruit some of you to the seedy world of blood donation later. Today, however, when I went in to donate (as I do a few times a month) things went rather poorly. Due to human error (i.e. the phlebotomist they were training) and equipment malfunction (Friggin Trima machines. So much faster, but so much more prone to failure) I just ended up getting stabbed a few times in the same two square inches of my left arm and then sent home. On the upside, they did give me a t-shirt for my trouble. Oh, well, we'll try again on monday.

Jeremy Freese has apparently discovered a rather terrifying Christian fundie website and wants to know whether or not it's authentic. Well, if I had to guess, I'd say "no," it's not serious. It looks to me like it's another piece of work by the good folks over at Landover Baptist Church. Those lovable scamps, they put the "fun" back in "Fundamentalist Extremism"! I could always be wrong about Jeremy's "Lambuel" site being a joke, but given that I've never seen an actual Christian organization selling ministry-themed thong underwear, I feel pretty confident.

Now, if you want a fundie website that WILL give you the heebie-jeebies, try this one on for size. In at least a few cases, you can almost convince yourself that this site is a parody as well. Unfortunately, no such luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter