Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Well, shit, ProcFreak...

If you're gonna get all in a tizzy about it...

Here's the proof of my prize "winning" performance.

It took me about 15 minutes to do, once I figured out the rules (which took about 5 minutes).

Are you happy now? Should I get ready for your prize patrol to show up with one of them really big checks?

You're right, though... the computer opponent is ungodly hard a lot of the time.

UPDATE: ProcFreak concedes my triumph over the damned computer! Yee-HAA! Y'all reckon I oughta put that in my vitae? She seems to be questioning whether or not I should receive the prize she promised since I beat it after her deadline. All I have to say is: much as I can always use new oven mitts, I'd be just as happy if she gave 'em to Goodwill in my honor.

Proc, if you're still determined to beat it, try to dominate the edges as much as possible. The game plays out a little like GO in that you've only protected a hex when it's bound on all sides by other pieces. Be careful about jumping your pieces, too. It's a great way to get mobility, but it can really open you up for counter-attack

1 Comments:

Blogger procfreak said...

Can't see the proof. And until I see the proof, I don't believe you. And until I see the proof, there will be no prize.

Seriously though - 15 minutes? Really?!

For shame, I say. (that's my shame, not yours)

Thursday, July 22, 2004 4:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter