Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, July 26, 2004

Wow.

As I said earlier, I've been working on making CD backups of my files before they all get corrupted. I have now done so and discovered, to my dismay, that it takes six 80-minute CDs to hold all of my files. Personally, I blame it on all those pictures of Bea Arthur that I downloaded. Amazingly, this total doesn't include those files I was storing on my system for a friend (she lacks the ability to backup her own files, so I've been letting her borrow some hard-drive space) which sucked up another three CDs or so. Not to mention that I had to dispense with the common Joliet CD file format in favor of the less-used UDF format just to be able to keep the file paths more or less the same. Hey, when you've got as many files as I do, you need a hella good organizational system, aiight? Bloody hell.

So far the best suggestions I'm getting are all still arguing for a hard-drive malfunction. To be honest, though, I'm just a tad suspicious of that diagnosis at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter