Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I ain't too proud to admit it:

I don't have the first f-ing clue what the hell this guy is talking about. No offense intended (amazingly) I just have no idea, and don't really feel like taking the time to figure it out. Still, he's apparently a friend of Tom's so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and welcome him to the blogosphere. Welcome to the biggest time-suck in history, Gord!

So, head on over to Rethinking Scholarship and get your metaphysics on. If you DARE!!!

I don't. I'm quite the scaredy-cat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gord said...

Hey thanks for the plug. I would think a frustrated sociologist would be all about my rant. To clarify, I am talking about name calling and word construction in sociology. Like for instance, "argument", "class", "collective" or "social group" all have in the vernacular very straight-forward meanings, although possibly slightly idiosyncratic. Sociology often expresses simple things in some silly metalanguage, which is really often irrelevant to anyone, then they cry that no one understands what the f... they are saying and won't listen to their recommendations. The statistical elements of sociology are especially suspect for this. Then everyone calls eachother names and labels everyone as this or that because everybody wants to feel important.
The irony is you didn't understand me because I used a bunch of esoteric words, I honestly didn't intend to confuse. Its all a game of constructing who is "smart" rather than helping anyone or figuring out anything. Careerism reared its ugly head.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger Drek said...

Now see? Wasn't it so much easier just to say it that way? In any case, once more, welcome to the wild world of blogging.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004 10:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter