Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Sunday, August 01, 2004

I don't know what came over me. It must have been hormonal.

Readers will be interested/amused/horrified to know that last night I sang karaoke. Perhaps it was the influence of Jeremy Freese and my desire to reproduce his findings. Perhaps it was the charming atmosphere in the bar. Perhaps it was my ardent desire to prevent that guy in the corner from singing AC/DC's Big Balls again. Maybe it was just my intense desire to see a Canadian-American feminist sociologist sing Avril Levigne's Sk8r Boi in return. Whatever it was, I found myself up there crooning with a wireless mic.

I think I did pretty well, actually, considering I haven't sung anything since that school play in the 4th grade.

And if you're curious, I sang Cake's Short Skirt, Long Jacket. I figured it would be better to go with something that is essentially spoken-word poetry set to music.

1 Comments:

Blogger procfreak said...

Maybe it was just my intense desire to see a Canadian-American feminist sociologist sing Avril Levigne's Sk8r Boi in return.i would've paid good money to see that.

Monday, August 02, 2004 10:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter