Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, September 03, 2004

GOD IS FAITHFUL

Or, so I was told in the subject line from this particular atrocity. Enjoy!



From:Mrs. NNEKA CHUBA


Compliments of the day!! this is my late husband email.

[Editorial Remark: Your late husband was named "email?"]


I am Mrs. NNEKA CHUBA a former staff of the Federal Ministry of Aviation undergoing medical Treatment. I am married to Dr.LUCAS CHUBA who worked with National Petroleum Corporationfor nineteen years before he died in the year 2003. We were married for leven years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days.Before his death we were both born again Christians.Since his death I decided not to re-marry or get a child outside my matrimonial home, which the Bible is gainst. When my late husband was alive he deposited a huge sum of money with one finance/security company in Europe. Presently, this money is still with the Security Company.This money was accumalated from an onshore engineering award my husband wonduring the last military regime.

Recently, my Doctor told me that my condition with the special grace of God would soon be okay.Though what disturbs me most is that am diagonised to be having spinal abnormalty. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a church or better still a God fearing individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here in. I want a church or individual that will use this to fund orphanages, widows etc propagating the word of God and to ensure that the house of odis maintained. The Bible made us to understand that blessed is the hand that giveth.

I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husbands relatives are not Christians and has being maltreating me with the only motive to take away the funds from me becuase of my faith and trust in God since his death hence I don't want my husband's hard earned money to bemisused by this unbelievers. I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner, hence the reason for taking this bold decision.

I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the lord one day. If you will be of assistance, I will surely appreciate and thank you for your kindness in giving me this help.



Thank you

Mrs. NNEKA CHUBA



The funny thing is the reason why I refuse to participate in religious services is because, as an atheist, I think it would be disrespectful to the true believers in the group. Even though I actually find religion to be pretty revolting, I do my best to respect the faith of others. So, consequently, I find the above specimen of spam to be pretty darn awful. I mean just... wow.

And if this seems like a lousy post... well, I was out later than normal last night getting my Drek on, so cut me some slack.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Andras said...

This came to my company-address yesterday. Nneka Chuba is still active! (I get such letters with offering some millions USD nearly every week - and I've seen some films how they rob and kill some of those guys, who get into contact)
These guys are dangerous. Of course only for those who are crazy enough to believe them...
(you can find a lot of stories on the net)

Enjoy:

lisaadora2

Subject: Investment
Date: 2005-03-22 05:26:55.0
Message: The Chairman/CEO,

To Whom It May Concern


I write you this letter because i believe that you are capable of helping me. I am looking for a reputable business partner with business management experience to invest a huge sum of money.

Please if you are interested send me your telephone number for conversation to enable us have a concrete discussion regarding this business.

Please treat this email as confidential, i wait your reply. Please send reply to: nnekachuba1@yahoo.com

Best regards

Nneka Chuba

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 3:58:00 AM  
Blogger Drek said...

Very nice, Andras. Of late I've been getting spams from people with these awesome random-word generated names like: Scarlet M. Suppuratingchestwound. I'm almost glad for the spam now.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:00:00 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I get this kind of spam all the time on my sidekick. it's really annoying. i've never gotten a religious one though, just the "help i have 14million dollars to give away!!"

Thursday, September 04, 2008 12:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter