Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Fuck you, Blogger.

Okay, I took the time to write an actual post today and what happens? Goddamn blogger eats the thing. I do not have the time to go back and re-write the whole damned post, so I'm afraid the only Drek you're getting is my incoherent frustration. If that ain't enough... well...

Go checkout this series of comics over at Piled Higher and Deeper. I find myself agreeing with Tajel about Bush and Cheney, but still agreeing with Professor Guevara about the wisdom of not pushing a political issue on our students. I know some will disagree with me on that one, but using our positions of authority to ram political dogma down our students' throats is morally repugnant to me. This is not to say that we can't present facts and empirically-supported theories that can be used to support a perspective, but that isn't the same thing. If it were, teaching that the Earth isn't the center of the Universe would be an anti-Christian act.

Wait... come to think of it... contradicting geocentrism used to be regarded as anti-Christian. Hunh. I guess presenting facts without dressing them up in the clothes of partisanship can be a pretty revolutionary act after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter