Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The silver linings

After further reflection, I have found silver linings in yesterday's election.

Democracy worked. Drek posted about his friend's desire to learn to shoot, but the election didn't devolve into shooting. Power was held up peacefully, just like it was supposed to.

And - don't forget that 49% of Americans did vote for John Kerry. And regardless of the vote, there are still plenty of decent, caring, loving people in the U.S.A. The thugs may be in power now, but the good people of this country still have plenty of influence.

So I'll join Drek in not posting about politics and elections for the next two weeks, grieving. But then I'll be back, caring and working hard for my country. Let's show the rest of the world that there are still good people left in the United States.

2 Comments:

Blogger Drek said...

Hey, now, I only said I'd hold off until next week. I didn't say anything about two weeks. If good old Dubya can go a whole two weeks without pissing me off enough to blog about it, I'll be amazed.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004 7:15:00 PM  
Blogger Drek said...

Hey, I thought of another silver lining:

At least after this election it's Ohio's turn in the barrel. I am so tired of taking shit for being from Florida.

Thursday, November 04, 2004 11:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter