Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

To sleep, perchance to dream...

I must sleep soon. I have places to be tomorrow morning, and I ought to be minimally-conscious for them. There's a problem, though:

I'm afraid.

I'm terrified that when I awaken in the morning Bush will be president. He virtually is already- unless something very unlikely happens, Ohio is his and with it, in all likelihood, the presidency. My countrymen and countrywomen will have shown themselves to be sheep, undeserving of the liberty and prosperity they claim as their own. I dearly love my country, and watching Bush turn her into a whore for another four years will throttle another little piece of my soul. This shall make me truly wretched, for I am already far too soulless as it is.

What is it called when you fear sleep not for what awaits you in that distant place, but for the nightmare that you may awaken into?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not as soulless as you think. You let it slip - like this post, for instance.

I'm afraid, too.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004 1:24:00 AM  
Blogger Drek said...

Not as soulless as I think? Well, to that I can only respond with what my good friend Theresa once told me:

"I know you're not Satan, just his sidekick."

Thursday, November 04, 2004 11:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter