Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, December 13, 2004

I swear, I didn't make this up.

Received from one of my students:

Drek,

It's Jane from your sociology class and I just want to thank you for being a good teacher. You really made the subject as interesting as it possibly could be and I appreciated it. I know this was your first time teaching the class and you really did a wonderful job. I've recommended you to anyone I know who is thinking about this course and am truly grateful to have had you. This is my second year at the University and the first semester I've had any faith in the teaching staff, partly because of your class. Thank you for all your hard work.

Jane Doe


Names obviously changed to protect the guilty, and identifying comments removed, but otherwise this is what I received verbatim. Since "Jane" has an A as it is, I'm not too terribly worried that this is just an attempt to butter me up before final grades are submitted.

I didn't get into this racket because I wanted to be a teacher, but I do try to do my best with it anyway. It's really, really nice to hear that I'm not doing too badly at it.

Goddamn but I love my job!

A few more positive reviews like this and that community college post is as good as mine!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hazel said...

I am so jealous!! Students over there seem to be able to string together sentences!

Monday, December 13, 2004 1:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not all the time

Monday, December 13, 2004 3:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter