Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Gender Juxtaposition

Recently I've entered into an arrangement with a friend of mine wherein we take turns cooking dinner once a week. This works out nicely since, now that my Hypothetical-Roommate is pretty much away every night, I grow tired of cooking solely for myself.

The other day it was my turn and, after entering my apartment and reassuring my dog that I still love her, I went to the kitchen and began preparing the nightly repast. My friend, for his part, took a seat and turned on the news. This was perfectly fine with me since, first, I actually like to see the national news (Although local news is usually a pestilence) and, second, I prefer to cook alone. If I must cook with another person I am unusually insistent upon hierarchy, such that one of us must be in charge and the other merely an assistant. Those of you who cook understand why this is.

As I busied myself in the kitchen, however, it occurred to me that I was lucky that my Hypothetical-Roommate didn't happen by. If he had, doubtless he would have remarked something along the lines of, "Wow, Drek. You're going to make someone a great wife someday."

To this, I can only respond: Why yes. Yes I will.

I only hope that my future husband is a good enough provider to keep me in the style to which I have grown accustomed. Then again, under the circumstances, I don't imagine that will prove all that difficult for her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd not only make a great wife Drek, but you also make nice gumbo-jumbalaya-or-whatever-that-was. Drek also makes excellent cookies.

Next week when it's my turn to cook you should be prepared for a drastic reduction in quality.

Thursday, January 27, 2005 9:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter