Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

How the times change.

Back when I was much younger I developed a certain fascination with Penguins. You know penguins- the flightless antarctic birds that look like they're wearing tuxedos?

In any case, I really liked penguins. I read books about them, I wanted to visit zoos specifically to see them, I watched nature shows about them, hell, one year for halloween I even wore a penguin costume. If there had been such a thing as Penguin trading cards, I woulda been all over them. What can I say? I've always been a dork. I might not have known the Super Bowl was happening last Sunday (On monday when I saw the paper I literally said, "Holy shit, the Super Bowl was yesterday? So that's why the grocery store was so empty?!") but I know the differences between Emperor, King, Adelaide, and the slightly demonic-looking Rock Hopper Penguins. There are, of course, many additional kinds of penguins, but my point is made.

Given all this, you'd think that I wouldn't much enjoy this bizarre little online game. You'd think that- but you'd be wrong.

My record thus far is 316.3. Can anyone beat it?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

317.1. pwn3d! Have you seen yetisports.org? More games like this, and very disturbing half-dressed penguin girls.

Thursday, February 10, 2005 10:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just tied you, Drek! Exact same distance. But I like popping them up and having them land head-first into the snow.
The Hypothetical Roommate

Friday, February 11, 2005 12:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fuckin' penguin baseball Barry Bonds, but I did it without the steroids (Brayden). 320.5! Yeah, motherfucker, that's right. I'm the fuckin' champ.

~T.H.R.

Friday, February 11, 2005 1:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're the fuckin' former champ. 321!

Friday, February 11, 2005 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger Drek said...

Man, this game is really bringing out the best in my readers!

I'm so proud.

Friday, February 11, 2005 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger reverend said...

322.9! And I'm not American!

Monday, February 14, 2005 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Drek said...

Congrats on the score, Reverend! And I'm not Martian!

Monday, February 14, 2005 10:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, reverend. 323.5. The Nameless One has an undisclosed reputation to defend. And plenty of work to avoid.

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter