Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Ok, show of hands:

Who wants me to live-blog the State of the Union in the same style as the Presidential Debates?

On the one hand, I want to watch and will need an outlet. On the other hand, I may be pretty sleepy by then given how my day has been going.

Anyone want to volunteer to join me in the instant messager channel, with the understanding that I may ignore you on a whim?

I'm a fucker that way.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm in, but if things turn south I'm going to switch to liveblogging Season 2 of The Wire on DVD: "McNulty said 'Fuck'!"


- Alan

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 1:46:00 PM  
Blogger Brayden said...

Alan - Is The Wire any good? How does it compare to the Sopranos?

You should liveblog the SOTU Drek. I'll turn the sound down on my tv set and get all the info from you. I'm sure it will be more (intentionally) hilarious.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 3:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brayden: I really like The Wire -- good cop show with a lot of moral ambiguity, as even the good guys tend to be corrupt. It takes a little time to get into, but it's definitely worth renting. Casa Video has it. As for the comparision to the Sopranos, it's been a while since we ran out of new Sopranos DVDs at Casa, so I have to think about that a bit. It's possible that The Wire is less cartoony than the Sopranos, or maybe less of a soap opera -- but I've enjoyed both of them.

- Alan

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 6:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter