Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Tom Bozzo is one bad Mama-Jamma!

Some of you might recall that around a week ago I issued a sort of challenge: Engage with two more-or-less rational masculist websites, and see what happens. I encouraged posts in opposition to the masculits, as well as in support, and was hoping we could come together for a nice debate. Or, at least, a funny, yet incoherent, shouting match.

What can I say? If I'm going to give my support to the non-political aspects of Public Sociology (The initiative, not the blog. And as long as we're on the subject, as a reminder for the Wisconversants, this is an entirely different blog from Pub Sociology.) I had better be willing to put my money (er, blog) where my mouth is.

So, it is with great pleasure that I announce that we have had our first qualifying response to my challenge! Please give a warm round of applause to a good man, a noble man, a handsome man, and a secret-agent man: Tom Bozzo.

Then, once you're done whacking those two pieces of meat on the ends of your arms together, go read his response: A Brief Response to the "Drek Challenge"

Tom: As promised, you now have a credit for a post of your own choosing. Just let me know what you'd like me to write about and I'll get to it straight-away. Or, you know, later. It'll depend on my workload and how involved the post will be to write, but I owe you a post regardless.

As for the rest of you: C'mon, do you REALLY want the only response to a Public Sociology initiative to come from an economist? Not that I have anything against economists, it's just: that's a Public Sociology that's so public, the sociologists aren't even involved!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bozzo said...

Thanks, Drek, and thanks for sparing me from having to fan the flames of intra-social-sciences rivalry myself.

I'll get back to you with a post topic.

Thursday, February 03, 2005 9:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you drive a scooter and wear an oversized helmet drek? I've got 20 on this

Thursday, February 03, 2005 7:55:00 PM  
Blogger Drek said...

Well, I can neither confirm nor deny my operation of a motor scooter or my use of an oversized helmet. Sorry to disappoint.

As a side note, it's always possible that I'd be more receptive to confirming or denying if you e-mailed, rather than asking me to broadcast clues here. I wouldn't say it's likely but it's sure possible.I might also be more receptive to such requests if I had a serious financial stake in all this. How much of that $20 will I be getting?

Thursday, February 03, 2005 8:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter