Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Brace yourselves...

Well, folks, I need to warn you about something. For the next few weeks I am going to be really, really busy. This is partly due to events in my department, partly due to the upcoming Pacific Sociological Association meetings, and partly due to the ongoing trainwreck I refer to as my career. This is not to mention my social life, which is varying kinds of disastrous in that a number of my friends are grappling with significant problems, and one of them is dying of a degenerative disease.

So, while I do enjoy blogging, and find it relaxing, I may be quite a bit more random and stupid than normal for a while. I know this sounds far-fetched, in that it is difficult to imagine that this blog could possibly be more random and stupid than it is now, but there you have it.

In the meantime, to help bridge the gap, I have asked my esteemed respected reliable pimpin co-blogger, Slag, to try to make up for my occasional failures to post. Given the quality of my posting, this should be possible through the use of, at most, five monkeys chained to keyboards.

In any case, have patience, and rest assured that once things calm down somewhat (HA!) I should return to a more normal blogging schedule.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Julie said...

Hey, at least if/when things for PSA get crazy, you can retreat to Powell's, and spend a few Zen moments in The Happiest Place on Earth (IMO). Are you presenting? Or just going along to partake in the organizational craziness?

Monday, April 04, 2005 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Drek said...

Are you presenting? Or just going along to partake in the organizational craziness?


Good question, Julie!

Pity I have absolutely no intention of answering it...

Monday, April 04, 2005 10:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter