Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Is that a baton, or are you just happy to see me?

Thanks to the ever-popular Alan Schussman I have been passed a musical baton. Far be it for me to not make use of a pre-made blog post, so here goes.

Total Volume of Music on my Computer: Well, that depends. On my computer itself I have about 1.1 gigabytes of music. Most of my music, however, is stored on an external hard-drive that I can move between the office and home. That device has about 2.69 gigabytes of music. I'm well aware that makes me a musical feather-weight, which is fine with me. I build computers inside of mini-fridges for crying out loud! My discretionary income, such as it is, obviously finds its way into other projects.

Last CD I bought: Lest We Forget, Marilyn Manson

Song playing right now: Superhero, Aaron Bilodeau

Five songs I listen to a lot, or mean a lot to me:

(1) Sorrow, Bad Religion. Best Pro-Atheism, anti-Christianity alternative you can find.

(2) Dragula [Hot Rod Herman Remix], Rob Zombie. A kickass deathmetal/techno fusion tune- quite appropriate for freeway driving at three in the morning.

(3) The Long Way Home, Norah Jones. Long story. Don't ask.

(4) He's Got an Answer, Letters to Cleo. How can anyone not like a song that asks, "If you want to know about landlocked countries in Asia under the strongarmed hold of Buddhists," and then answers, "It's Nepal!"

(5) What a Feeling, Heather Nova. Some of us have been to the edge. Some have been over it. And some of us have managed to come back.

And, now comes the most tiresome of exercises:

Five people to whom I'm passing the baton:

Hazel
Belle Reve
J Autumn
Shakha
Dorotha

Are we all satisfied now?

Well, I hope so, because it's gonna have to hold you for a while. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I will be departing this weekend on a magical journey to a place known as Washington D.C. Am I going to overthrow the government? To protest the actions of the Bush Administration? To check out the newest exhibits at the National Air & Space Museum?

Nah. I'm taking a brief vacation with My Sainted Girlfriend which will include stops in D.C., which she's never seen and where I used to live, in Jamestown, where we can get our history on, and in the Williamsburg area. Then, at the conclusion, we'll attend the graduation of a very, very good friend of mine from Law School. Yes, folks, this means that when the inevitable law suits begin, I will have a ready source of legal advice. I am now, truly, invincible.

With luck I'll be able to post occasionally from the road, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'll likely have better things to do with my time which, given the sort of luck I tend to have on trips, will include, but not be limited to: running from an enraged and well-armed doctor from Tennessee, trying not to get mugged, apologizing to enraged parents for singing the theme song to Team America: World Police (America: FUCK YEAH!) on the steps of the Capitol building, trying not to get anyone hurt when I do get mugged, getting lost in Arlington even though I used to live there, and arguing with local hoteliers about just what, exactly, the phrase "free continental breakfast," means in light of the fact that MSGf is a smidge cranky in the morning until she's eaten.

It should be an interesting trip.

2 Comments:

Blogger Belle Reve said...

And she's done: http://themagiceraser.blogspot.com/2005/05/baton-rose.html#comments

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 9:14:00 AM  
Anonymous anomic said...

i never knew you were into hard stuff like rob zombie and mariln manson! you should come to asylum with me some saturday night when they have industrial-heavy djs.

Thursday, May 26, 2005 2:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter