Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Live from Washington D.C.- It's SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

Well hello, folks. Despite expectations to the contrary, I have indeed managed to find a way to blog from the road. Specifically, a good friend of mine has loaned me her computer to use to feed my crushing addiction to pointless drivel.

Today has been exciting- a journey in sight-seeing in which My Sainted Girlfriend and I viewed the museums and monuments accessible from the Mall in four hours or less. So, basically, we hardly saw a damned thing, but have sore feet anyway. Such is life when you visit D.C.

I'd write more, seeing as how you won't get another chance to "enjoy" my perspective on things for a few days, but I really just don't care. Or, then again, maybe it has to do with MSGf and her desire to blog about... something? I don't know exactly what, but given the occasional giggling emanating from her side of the room, I think we're all in for a treat.

Or not. Who knows? Maybe I'm making her up? After all, what sort of woman would consort with the likes of me?

The answer, obviously, is: that's why I refer to her as sainted. How else could she put up with so much Drek?

So, without further ado:

The Word According to Drek's Sainted Girlfriend

Despite what you all may think, I do not in fact, think of myself as sainted, but I am not going to stand in Drek's way if he wants to call me that. : ) And you all may speculate for yourselves about the reasons why we are together...

So, I have been wanting to write about something lately, and since Drek asked me a little while ago if I'd like to blog tonight, I decided to give it a go. So, here goes...

I live in a climate that gets quite warm for many months out of the year, as do quite a few locations in the U.S. I obviously chose to move there for graduate school, and will flee away to another part of the country as soon as I graduate. However, there are lots of people who move there for the beauty. I get this - there are places I definitely want to move for the beauty too. The problem is that these people are the same people who complain when it gets hot in our town, which is inevitable in the summer. I was speaking with a woman from the South about this just the other day. She was telling me how she was going to hide inside the following weekend to avoid the heat. I did not question the soundness of her logic in deciding to stay inside, but I guess I'm just confused about why you would move to a place you find beautiful only to spend your time indoors. I'd much rather move to a place that has a climate I don't have to hide from, and leave it at that.

With that being said, I will close my first post on Drek's blog. I realize this hasn't been that exciting a post, but it's been on my mind, and so now I've subjected you to it as well. But from what I can tell, that's what blogs are for...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter