Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Ok, seriously, where am I again?

Howdy boys and girls and welcome to another exciting installment of Total Drek where we ask the question: Wait, what just happened?

If you're wondering why I'm in such a tizzy, and why I'm using words like "tizzy," it's because I've been wandering all over Virginia with My Sainted Girlfriend for the past few days. Specifically we managed to visit Williamsburg, home of the College of William & Mary (To which I would provide a link if this computer were displaying the blogger control panel properly. Take what you can get people, all right?), Jamestown, home of not a goddamn thing, Yorktown, where Cornwallis surrendered to Washington at the end of the Revolutionary War, and Virginia Beach, home of a barbecue joint named "Frankie's" which does not provide a good value in their two-dollar side salads. MSGf was particularly vexed by that realization.

I've also managed to deal with a succession of tired, poorly-paid, and ornery Indian hoteliers. This leads me to remark: no, motherfucker, the website says "cancellation before 6 PM" not "cancellation 48 hours in advance." Argue with your own corporate folks, not me.

Today, after returning from north of Richmond and running into one of the most interesting advertising efforts I think I've ever seen (more on that later- as in, "when I can download pictures from my camera") MSGf and I visited the Smithsonian's Natural History Mueseum, and then went for dinner and dessert in Dupont Circle. For those in the D.C. area, allow me to strongly recommend the restautant/coffee bar "Cosi." Reasonably priced and quite tasty. Also: the on-table s'mores thing is pretty nifty. Unlike me, however, I recommend that you not trip over a chain fence and fall on the concrete. Yes, folks, my lithe, cat-like reflexes really served me well this evening. After recovering, however, we managed a pleasant evening stroll on the mall which, it turns out, is rather well populated by teenagers once the sun goes down. Who knew?

Why am I sharing all this in a live-journal sort of way? Well, I don't have anything else to share right now, and figured I may as well vomit this horseshit out upon thee. Don't you feel lucky? More to the point- don't you wonder why you bother to read any of this crap to start with?

Indeed you do, as well you should. More serious posting will have to await my return. However, in the meantime, allow me to promise you a special treat.

Slag was passing through D.C. while I was around and we managed to meet up. More interestingly, we managed to get a picture taken. When I return home and can download pictures, I promise the first ever Slag/Drek photo. Stay tuned, things can only get more thrilling with time.

Of course, that's a little like pointing out that the television program "Baywatch Nights" had nowhere to go but up.

And as long as we're on the subject, did you know that an actress from the popular series "Law & Order" actually starred on Baywatch Nights? Did you care? Do I care? Fuck no, I'm just rambling because I'm tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter