Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Blogiversary!

Well, gentle readers, the day has come- that day that we never believed would dawn. I am as amazed as all of you, and in all likelihood just a little horrified, but there is no use hiding from the truth: today is the one-year blogiversary of Total Drek.

Indeed, one year ago today I wrote my first post whose title, This Blog Sucks, really set the tone for the remainder of the year. And by "set the tone" I, of course mean, "was prophetic about." Shortly after that first tender post, Brayden King (Now of Pub Sociology) noticed my fledgling effort and provided encouragement as only he can.

Since then we've tackled a number of subjects on this blog, from the Yucca Mountain Waste Depository, to blood donation, to pseudoscience, to political debates to, most importantly, my dog. We've also added a co-blogger, the inimitable Slag, who in turn recruited our new european correspondent. All I can say about that is, given the way he recruited her, I really hope Hungary was weak sexual harassment laws. In short: it's been a busy year.

So how are we celebrating the blogiversary over here? Well, my dog is sleeping. I'm desperately trying to get code written for a project, Slag is... probably contemplating 12-step programs, and I won't presume to guess about the European Correspondent. This doesn't, however, mean that you can't celebrate. In fact, to help you along, I'll even provide a little treat: a picture that I took during my recent trip to the greater D.C. area. This should help you get to know the personages here at Total Drek a little better.

Without further ado, allow me to introduce Drek the Uninteresting, and Slag Slaggerson. I think our respective approaches to blogging are well represented in this picture.

And what should we all expect during Total Drek year two? Well, probably shorter posts, judging by recent trends, but perhaps also some additional bloggers, some of whom may not even be tangentially related to Sociology. Come to think of it, two out of four contributors (official or unofficial) to this blog are non-Sociologists. I am more proud than I can express.

Happy Blogiversary, folks, here's hoping that the next year doesn't suck any more than the first.

Hey, it's good to dream, you know?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The European Correspondent is celebrating the Total Drek blogiversary with a bout of hypochondria, some coffee I should definitely not be having, and some carrots. I should add that I am also ordering sushi in for lunch. For those of you who think Budapest is a backwater, please note that no city that delivers sushi at reasonable prices can be considered uncivilised. Especially considering that said city is approximately 500 kilometres from the nearest sea. Nonetheless I shall stuff myself with fish during my impeding seaside rendez-vous with Slag. Anyway, congrats Drek, on your year of distracting the masses from their legitimate activities. The blogging world is your oyster.

TDEC

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 1:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary Drek!

Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter