Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, August 22, 2005

I'm back- did you miss me?

Well hello, boys and girls, and welcome back to Total Drek. Now, I know that I've been gone for a while, and I apologize, but I had a good reason. That reason consists in equal parts of being at the ASA annual meetings, and helping my Sainted Girlfriend move into my apartment. So, you know, it's been a little nutty around here.

So how were the ASAs? Well, I left feeling a little less inspired than I normally do, but that's okay. They can't all be kickass. I also found Philly to be an odd city. I think that I actually would have liked it a lot, were it not for the persistent and omnipresent urine smell. No offense to the residents but damn!

The highlight of the conference, for me, was the semi-annual Bloggers' Get-Together hosted by Tina of Pub Sociology. Turnout was quite good as we had folks from all over the blogosphere- I even got to meet a few new people, including the good folks from over at Stone Court. Then, after hanging out in a bar, we all went for some good old-fashioned baseball. It was fun, even if the Phillies were playing like shit.

So, it's good to be back. I'll write more sooner or later- right now I'm trying to catch up with the real work that's been piling up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO!!!! It's nice to have you back. We all missed you very much. Why did you leave us alone for SOOOOOOOOOOO long? Never do that again!

Monday, August 22, 2005 9:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter