Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, October 03, 2005

A new educational poll.

Today is a busy day filled with putting the finishing touches on a grant application, so I'm afraid I don't have much of a post for you. On the other hand, I do have an interesting question for you.

As part of one of its irregular spasms of caring about undergraduate education, my department is currently in the process of providing feedback to all of its grad student instructors on the quality of their teaching. This feedback is supposed to be given during the first semester a grad student teaches but, alas, we haven't bothered with this in a while so some of us are only now being reviewed. Specifically my reviewer will be sitting in on my class this Wednesday. Given your long experience with me, I think y'all might have some insight on his probable first comment to me after class. In light of this, please use the poll in the sidebar to clue me in. Free-response answers in the comment section are also encouraged.

Have fun.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also knowing the reviewer, I have a feeling his or her first response will be, "where did you learn to teach like that? I didn't realise we were actually supposed to talk to the students."

Monday, October 03, 2005 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger LloydChristmas69 said...

Hey guys --

You should check out this person's blog, who has a pro-Creationsim/anti-evolution debate a-ragin'

http://vallofides.blogspot.com/

I added a few remarks, though I welcome any help in the matter, as I am no scientist. Cheers, and keep up the good work!

PS -- I just stumbled in this blog by accident. No affiliation whatsoever.

I am not spam! I swear it!

-- Lloyd

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:45:00 AM  
Blogger Drek said...

Well, Lloyd, your wish is my command.

That said, however, I think I would be remiss if I didn't point out that you've been behaving a bit badly over on Tim Therrien's blog. Mr. Therrien has the right to his opinions, especially on his own blog, and while he has asked for comment, I think you'll find that less name-calling produces better results.

And yes, I know it's odd for me to be saying that, but if you're going to call someone stupid, at least include a cogent argument explaining why.

Best of luck to you.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:39:00 AM  
Blogger LloydChristmas69 said...

You are correct, sir.

Thanks for the advice.

I think some of my more juvenile tendencies bubble to the surface with this issue, as people who outright reject Evolution without giving it a chance frustrate me.

By the way, I have no idea who you are. I found this page with a Google search of "Evolution and blogspot"

Cheers,
Lloyd

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter