Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Stop celebrating, I'm back.

Some of you may have been wondering where I was yesterday. I did not fall in a well, or have a limb chewed off by angry beavers, though I'm sure some might have preferred that. Instead I was just really busy. Busy with what, you ask? Well, I was busy teaching class for the FHRM, since he is out of town, preparing for my own class, driving my Sainted Girlfriend to the airport, teaching my own class, working on some grant proposals, and reinstalling an operating system on an officemate's computer. So, it was a pretty full day.

I haven't really gotten my wits about me yet today, so let me just pass along quite possibly the funniest advice column I've ever seen* and wish y'all a good day. Just click the image if you need a larger copy.

Enjoy.



* Okay, technically the funniest advice column I've ever seen was an installment of "Dr. Wallace Talking with Teens" wherein a writer asked: "Dr. Wallace, I've been told that stars are suns like our own but I don't understand- why are they so small?" Sadly, I got some similar questions when I TA'ed astronomy as an undergrad. That Wallace produced the funniest advice column ever is quite impressive since he also gifted me with one of the most offensive bits of advice I've ever read. Specifically an atheist wrote in and said that she had been given some Christian music by a friend and wanted a way to politely return it and ask the friend to respect her beliefs. Wallace, in turn, told our polite, well-meaning atheist to listen to the music because it might do some good. Ah, it's good to be loved.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

God, this is good. Where oh where would we be without advice columnists around to have "the talk" with our parents?

Friday, October 21, 2005 1:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter