Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Tremble in fear, for I am risen.

Today's post will be short because I'm busy, and tired, and frankly a little cranky. I do, however, have some good news to share. Doubtless this news will be regarded as quite bad by those who have been hoping for my complete and total professional failure. With luck, there aren't many folks like that but, hell, who knows? In any case, my news is this:

As of yesterday afternoon, I have a research site for my dissertation. I have formal permission to gather data and everything. How cool is that?

Yeah, well, fuck you too.

If that isn't enough entertainment for you, check out this spiritual health quiz to see what will happen to you after death. It is, to put it simply, an absolute trainwreck in terms of survey methodology. Several of the questions rank right up there with "Are you still beating your wife?"

Speaking personally, I've never thought that an actual benevolent all-knowing god would require the use of rhetorical trickery to sway people to his cause. But, maybe that's just me.

2 Comments:

Blogger tina said...

Congratulations on your milestone. Now get to work!

As for the spirituality quiz, it wasn't so much of a quiz as an internet scolding tool. Or maybe I just answered wrong.

Friday, October 28, 2005 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Drek said...

Congratulations on your milestone. Now get to work!

Yes Doctor Smith... er... Fetner.

Friday, October 28, 2005 11:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter