Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Condolences from the Road

Despite the hopes and dreams of literally tens of readers, I yet draw breath and my blogging will continue. I'm in Ohio now, having survived my Sainted Girlfriend's family and now she is desperately trying to survive my own. My favorite cousin has already asked me if I'm planning to propose soon, and my other cousin (who is getting married tomorrow) has indicated that she likes my Sainted Girlfriend a lot. So, it's safe to say she's doing well. I, on the other hand, got into a series of arguments with my Sainted Girlfriend's uncle Max but, as a result, have a new paper brewing. I guess you could say it's been a good trip.

I'm just blogging to mention something brief. A good friend of mine lost her grandfather recently. He was a man who was known as "the People's Physician," due to his habit of treating the poor for free. He was similarly a gifted humanitarian and linguist who has done much for the world. I am truly sorry over her loss, and this loss to the world in general.

Additionally, a close friend of my family, who I will refer to as Mr. Harper, recently passed away. A retired teacher and father of two, he returned from a cruise with his wife and declared on Christmas eve that it was time for them to stop travelling so much and enjoy life at home with friends and family. The next day, Christmas morning, while taking a walk with his oldest son he suffered a massive heart attack. Reportedly, he suddenly clutched his heart, gasped out, "I love you guys," and then died on the sidewalk.

With Christmas so recently behind us, my cousin getting married tomorrow, and the New Year drawing nigh, it is a time for joy and celebrating new beginnings. Let us also remember the endings, and keep in mind that from one comes the other.

Take care, everyone, and happy holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter