Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, December 02, 2005

An important professional question.

Lately as I've been buried up to my ass in work, a particular question has occurred to me: what professional name should I use? This is an issue I'd never really contemplated but, as one of my articles inches closer to publication with nearly geologic rapidity, I'm realizing that I need to know.

Now, I could use my actual last name but, frankly, hardly anyone likes it. Not to mention the rather dramatic mistakes people tend to make in spelling it. I really don't want to spend my professional life with a hard-to-spell, boring old name. Nor, really, do I want to use my blogging name. Certainly "Dr. the Uninteresting," has a ring to it, but I'm not sure it really sends the right message. I don't want to send the message that I'm dull, but rather that I'm a mover and shaker. I want people to feel respect and, yes, perhaps even awe when they hear my name. I need a professional name like "Ripper" or "Deathstrike." I mean, how cool would it be to see "Dr. Deathstrike" printed in a course catalog? How about on a conference schedule? If nothing else, it should cut down on the stupid questions.

So, today, I just want to offer y'all a chance to vote. Go check out the lefthand margin and let me know which prospective professional name YOU think I should use.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Dr. Prolific or Dr. Alotta-Publications?

Friday, December 02, 2005 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Tom Volscho said...

Dr. Jack?

Friday, December 02, 2005 11:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Adam Drek.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 12:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dalton Conley

Sunday, December 04, 2005 11:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Derek Kristoff.

Monday, December 05, 2005 12:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter