Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Return of Drek's Deadly Spawn II

Back when I was in high school I used to host B-movie nights. The theme at these events was, basically, to rent a selection of truly hideous flicks and mock them as they played- in a very MST3K kind of way. These evenings saw the viewing of quite a large selection of hideous films including, but not limited to, Starcrash, 2020 Texas Gladiators, Slaughter High, and the venerable Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn.

Among these others films is a movie that has come to be known as "The Return of the Alien's Deadly Spawn II" although that isn't its proper name. Its proper name seems to be Return of the Aliens: The Deadly Spawn, but we more or less renamed it in a more ridiculous fashion in the tradition of the classic Night of the Day of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Terror. In any case, this movie (the alien movie I mean) was so bad that they actually used both a shadow puppet for the monsters in some scenes, and a diorama for the distance shots. So, you know, real quality.

I was thinking about this movie this morning because a series of comics over on Applegeeks has given me, I think, a preview of what my own progeny are going to be like. Yes, for those of you who are currently feeling a creeping horror moving up your spine, that does mean that I intend to reproduce. Sorry about that. Anyhoo, I have this weird feeling that I'm going to end up with daughters and, knowing how things tend to go, I think I might just end up with a little girl who is rather a lot like this one. Doubtless she will be as mad as she is persistent, and will make raising her quite a chore. Oh, doubtless she will always have reasons to account for her unholy rage but, nonetheless, she will be a handful.

I could be wrong about all this, but I don't think so. Judging by Brayden's kids (Brayden of Pub Sociology) the children of Sociologists are likely to bear a striking resemblance to their parents. Hell, if you've seen any of the pics of Brayden's son Parker that were up on Brayden's old blog, you know they could be clones. So, I think I should prepare for my own little megalomaniac. And, in the meantime, it gives me something to blog about while I'm too busy to write anything, you know, good. And that's enough for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brayden said...

Apparently it works the same way for economists. Have you seen Bozzo's little clones?

Monday, December 12, 2005 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Drek said...

Good point. Tom's youngins do resemble him rather strongly. Perhaps we're on to something here? You wanna write a hack article that'll make the cover of Newsweek?

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter