Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Truce.

Regular readers of this blog know that I tend to be fairly critical of things I disagree with. It's just part of my "charm" I suppose, though you are free to disagree. Yesterday, I took advantage of circumstances to take a shot at George W. Bush and his cronies. This is hardly new for me as I have, from time to time, been a bit critical of the Republican party. That is unlikely to change, given that I despise virtually everything the Republicans have done for years now.

Yet, despite all that, I don't want to rant about the Republicans today. Instead, I just want to wish the people of Iraq luck in today's vote. I didn't agree with the decision to go to war in Iraq, and I am disgusted by much of our conduct since the invasion. However, despite the unfortunate events that brought it about, I hope that what emerges is a stable, healthy government with which the Iraqi people are happy. I know that if this happens, Bush and the other Republicans will claim it as a vindication of their policies, and it may spell defeat for Democrats in the upcoming elections. Yet, still, I think such a trade would be a worthy one.

Good luck Iraq. I hope your elections are fair, and your future is more secure than your present.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bozzo said...

Nice post, Drek. I've felt the same way about economics news -- much as I'd like to get rid of the current crop of Republican scoundrels, I'd rather not see people thrown out of work, or worse, for it.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter