Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Best marquee ever.

This is not, I think, an actual church marquee but who cares? It's the thought that counts.



If you want a little more like this, head on over to the Church Sign Generator and make yourself some magnets. While you're there, check out their wide selection of marquees. For example:

There are the bizarre:



The punny:



The confusing:



The bewildering:



The depressing:



The ironic:



The offensive:



And the horrifying:



People always love to tell me about how religion provides so many good things to the world.

I remain unconvinced.

Praise be to Wonkette for bringing all this to my attention. Hallelujah.

Also, special thanks to my officemates, particularly the FHR, for bringing the earlier glitches with this post to my attention.

3 Comments:

Blogger TDEC said...

I am not a Christian, and I am not from a Christian background. Personally I base my opinions of Christians on the ones I meet, talk to. I know a few sincere, practising Christians, and I can respect them, even if I sometimes/often disagree.

Judging Christians by these kinds of signs is a bit like judging humanity based on McDonalds commercials. Sure, it is an indication of something very wrong in quite a few of the communities. But it is hardly a complete picture.

I know you know this, but couldn't help saying it anyway.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:57:00 AM  
Blogger Drek said...

Fair enough. You're right of course, and I know a number of very responsible and decent Christians. Mostly my beef is with the idea that being religious necessarily makes you a better person.

Some good people happen to be religious, but I'm fairly convinced there isn't really a causal link.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Crisis Plan said...

Make more custom image marquees on http://www.customsigngenerator.com .

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter