Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Fluffier than I look

It is truly amazing what a bit of good scenery (palm trees, snowy park outside) and the prospect of a good breakfast can do to a girl's psyche. It would have been hard to say no to anything, and a proposal of marriage had such a stunning novelty quality that I was quite helpless. Just the memory of the whole thing makes me hungry.

So it is that not only have I surrendered my cynical self to the pink and fluffy prospect of wedlock, nay, I have also agreed to submit myself to the none-too-gentle process of immigration. Surely this is too harsh a punishment for a moment of sentiment. All the same, such is my fate. Wish me luck because I will need it. Patience too. Ye gods, what have I done?

But I am being a naughty cynical sausage am I not. In truth, I am undergoing a frightening transformation into the kind of creature you see at bridal showers. Well almost anyway, because I will not have a bridal shower, and we will have only that small civil ceremony in Belgium, followed at some point in the future by a religious affair in Florida. I would have been happy to forego the formal bit but well, Slag didn't fancy getting married in Graceland so I compromised. I may have to insist on dressing whoever performs the wedding as Elvis. Why else am I marrying an American?

No, really, we're as happy as Elvis and Priscilla, only I am not so underage and Slag is not as fond of white knickers. Even my father, who spent a lifetime warning us about the dangers of marriage, is cautiously pleased. I think they like him more than they like me - everyone keeps telling me that I should be nice to Slag when really I am like a cute cuddly little lamb whenever he is around. Very cuddly. No seriously, we are nauseatingly cute together, just so you're forewarned.

4 Comments:

Blogger Drek said...

I think they like him more than they like me - everyone keeps telling me that I should be nice to Slag

I have the same problem with my Sainted Girlfriend, actually.

Congratulations to you as well- I'm looking forward to finally getting to meet you.

You know... eventually.

And, hell, this is a far better excuse to put a photo of a woman's crotch on the blog than I've ever come up with. Good show!

Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:46:00 AM  
Blogger TDEC said...

Thanks.

Well, April isn't so long if you don't mind flying to Europe on short notice. *grin* Anyway I reckon you will make it to one wedding or other of ours...maybe the Graceland one when I convince Slag.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger bdnelso001 said...

Hi...... check out my new site on Bridal Showers!!!!

Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:45:00 PM  
Blogger Drek said...

There's something very wrong with getting comment spammed when announcing your impending wedding.

Friday, January 20, 2006 10:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter