Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, January 30, 2006

I am really not a poet.

Those who know me will not be surprised to learn that I am not, in fact, a poet. As it happens, I lack whatever inclination it takes to enjoy poetry as I am unable to perceive rhyme and meter. This is not to say that I can't sometimes tell if something rhymes but, as often as not, I learn this by rote rather than by ear. I am, sadly, one of those assholes that will spend hours trying to rhyme something with orange. Perhaps more to the point, I spend hours on it because I have no sure-fire way to determine if I have succeeded.

It is, perhaps, for this reason that I am so amused that my Sainted Girlfriend has (likely ill-advisedly) insisted that I blog about the haiku we wrote together. It is important, of course, to keep in mind that by "wrote" I mean "happened across semi-accidentally" and by "haiku" I really mean "something that could charitably be labeled free verse." What can I say? I try to be honest.

We haven't officially named this poem, so I suppose I will tentatively title it: "The dragon crouching in snow with the suckling pups." Why have I titled it thusly? Because I am insane.

So, without further ado:

The dragon crouching in snow with the suckling pups

Warm breasts
A cold hand
Ouch!


And there you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter