Random objects of desire
1. Sam West: of course. I love him unconditionally and in fact before hooking up with Slag had a conversation with a friend about the Slag vs Sam West merits. Slag won by a noselength.
2. Clive Owen: I'm not usually into manly men, but here is something special. Really very sexy, esp. actually, in Sin City, which I otherwise hate with a passion and never ever want to see any part of again.
3. Joaquin Phoenix: Not so much now, more at the time of Gladiator and Quills. I have something with fictional bad guys/repressed men.
4. James Spader: Because he is the perfect mixture of weird, nasty, repressed and sensitve. Oooh. Especially in Secretary and Sex, Lies and Videotape
5. Alan Rickman: Not just because I love Snape anyway (and I do) but because Rickman is a great actor, an intelligent man and apparently a nice. Very sexy and great in period dress or robes.
6. Jonathan Rhys-Myers: He is Irish. By the looks of things (and Irish men) he used up all the good stuff in the Cork genepool. He makes a wonderful bad guy.
7. Jake Gyllenhaal: Because of Jarhead. The man looks great naked.
8. Gary Oldman: Like Rickman, he makes being a fabulous actor look so damn good. And I started listening to Beethoven because of him.
9. Owen Wilson: I admit, I caved. Not handsome really, but really cute
10. Robert Downey Jr.: Puppydog eyes. What can I say?
And that's just off the top of my head.
Shall I lovingly declare that I prefer Slag to any of the above on any given day? Of course I do. Maybe not to combinations of the above. Alan Rickman and Jonny Rhys-Myers? Gary Oldman, Sam West and James Spader? Or even Robert Downey Jr turning up at my flat in a nice suit?
Well, I feel that these are sufficiently statistically unlikely not to be threatening.
The point is that I believe that the more repressed I have to be about my fleeting fancy for, say, Clive Owen, the less likely I am to be able to talk to my partner if there ever is any real issue. If my attraction to Joaquin Phoenix constitutes some weird kind of infidelity, then, man, the rest of my life is going to be very guilt-ridden. I think I'd rather save my emotions for the real problems any relationship and meanwhile continue to discuss Sam West (my side) and Keira Knightly (his side) with Slag.
And, er, Drek, yeah, I know this is a ridiculously girly post. Your fault for giving strangers access to your blog, especially women.