Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sequels

The Scene: Drek, the Former Hypothetical Roommate (FHR) Officemate #1 (OM1) and Officemate #2 (OM2) are returning from a trip to the student union to acquire coffee.

FHR: Hey Drek, it's your favorite people.

The FHR gestures at an elderly gentleman handing out pocket-sized copies of the New Testament. He, and his associates, appear on campus like locusts every few months.

Drek: Wonderful. I really wonder why they always hand out New Testaments.

OM2: You mean there's a new Testament? My god- I just got finished reading the old one!

The group laughs.

Drek: Yeah, didn't you know? It's a series.

OM2: Is Moses in this one? Wait- don't tell me! I want to read it for myself. I should have known there was another one. I mean, if the other one is the Old Testament, there must be a New one, right?

FHR: That makes sense. Is there anything that's old without there being a new one?

OM2: I guess I just thought it was like the Old Bailey. It's not like there's a New Bailey.

Drek: Good point.

OM1: There's Old Spice without there being a New Spice.

FHR: He's right.

Drek: On the other hand, there is a Baby Spice.

OM1: Shit, man, that was terrible.

FHR: No lie.

Drek: Yeah, yeah, I know. I think if I'd had better timing, though.

For those who are curious, no, I really don't think that I have decent names for my officemates. I'm open to suggestions, however, as OM2 was a bit annoyed at his previous acronym, DOO, exclaiming, "I'm named after shit?" Obviously, this is a problem for him. On the other hand, how often go I get to make references to the Spice Girls in the blog? Answer: Blessedly infrequently.

1 Comments:

Anonymous bookmobile said...

Drek,

Thought you might get a kick out of this:

http://objectiveministries.org/kidz


The one and only bookmobile

Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter