Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, April 17, 2006

All you need is faith

As I have been irreligious for a very long time, I have often been told that what I need is faith.

"Drek, you just don't know the joy of having faith," the religious folks have told me, "As soon as you have a child, then you'll really get in touch with faith."

Seeing as how I haven't had a child yet, I suppose it remains an open question as to whether or not I'll obtain faith after becoming a father. Still, I am rather skeptical. Many people do seem rather fond of faith, though. Not just the religious, either. I mean, George Michael famously told us that he's, "...gotta have faith." The sentiment was less famously (and less melodiously) echoed by Limp Bizkit. I suppose you could say that Depeche Mode agrees, seeing as how they tell us to "Reach out and touch faith." As it turns out, Johnny Cash seems to agree and even Marilyn Manson thinks that we should reach out and touch faith.

Well, my curiosity finally got the better of me, and I decided to find out more about this "faith" that I'm supposed to have... that I'm supposed to reach out and touch. According to Google images this is faith:



And suddenly I understand.

Seem like a stupid post? Well, that's because it is. Sorry, folks, I'm mighty busy right now, so blogging quality may be more spotty than usual. Which is, you know, really saying something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter