Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Let the misery begin!

Well folks, it's that time of year again. Time for the usual Misery Journey. Some of you may remember the lessons learned during last year's, as well as previous years' misery journeys. If you don't remember them... well... there's no easy way to sum up the sort of treatment that usually accompanies one of these jaunts, but I've provided enough links for you to refresh your memories.

Regardless, what this means is that I'm going to be out of town for a few days and, in all likelihood, unable to post. Hell, I'm even bringing my Sainted Girlfriend this time around so, with the exception of my three-legged dog, the entire Drek household will be unavailable for the duration. I'm sure that some of you are saddened by this, but most of you probably have a more normal reaction. Whatever your feelings about my departure, however, you may be wondering, "What shall I read while Drek is away?"

Well, have no fear dear readers, for I have a solution. Some of you may remember the intrepid blogger Brayden, formerly of Pub Sociology, who gave up the blogging world for more rewarding pursuits. Well, it seems that those days are over, and the blogging bug has once more bitten Brayden. He, and his associate Teppo Felin have opened a new blog, creatively titled: orgtheory.net. I can only assume that it is, in fact, about Organizational Theory. In any case, this new blog is in the blogroll, and I'm sure that many of you will get hours of enjoyment out of it.

Wait, what is that you say? You don't like org theory? Well, while I don't really understand how some people can fail to appreciate the fast-paced excitement of org theory,* have no fear, because I have you covered too. If you're quite certain that org theory isn't your "thing" then, by all means, go check out Shirley Setterbo's new blog. For those of you who remember Ms. Setterbo, she's an atheist attempting to "come out" in Texas. For obvious reasons, her adventures are of interest to me and many people like me. So, if you're curious, go check out her new adventures.

And if all that isn't enough... well... do your damn work for once amd stop screwing around on the internet.

* Just as a side issue, I originally did an image search for dull and ended up with a variety of bizarre and largely inexplicable images. Ah, google images, will you ever grow boring?

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

I read you post with deep interest and felt I just had to comment.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 3:12:00 AM  
Blogger Brayden said...

Thanks for the link Drek. We'll try to be more exciting in the future (wiping drool from chin)...Sorry, I'm boring myself right now.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter