Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Introducing the Total Drek guest bloggers!

This past Wednesday I apologized for my lax blogging this week and indicated that I would be departing on a trip next week. I also said that I would try to round up a talented team of guest bloggers, but would most likely fail.

Well, as it happens, not only did I succeed, but I did so in a manner beyond my wildest hopes. Despite the fact that my guest bloggers know me and, therefore, are familiar with my true nature, they have generously agreed to contribute to the blog during my impending absence.

To properly get things started, please allow me to introduce them, in no particular order.

First, we have our long-time blogging pal, Tom Bozzo of the excellent blog, Marginal Utility. Tom has a lot of interesting things to say about economics, government, the space program, and legos. I have no doubt you will enjoy his contributions over here.

Next, we are joined by someone you have all come to know by reputation, but only somewhat in person. I refer, of course, to the ever-popular Former Hypothetical Roommate, otherwise known as FHR. All kidding aside, the FHR was among the best of my motley assortment of roommates over the years, and should have some interesting things to say. Or, you know, he'll use this as a chance to badmouth me while I can't do anything about it. Either way, you should be entertained.

Third, we have a particular treat in store for you. Excellent blogger Tina of the gone but not forgotten Pub Sociology* has agreed to come out of retirement to provide some posts. I have no doubt that Tina will have things to say that are insightful, entertaining, or both.

Finally, last but most certainly not least, we have a second blogging rookie trying his hand at the game. The mysterious and quite likely controversial blogger known only as Cruffler has decided to try his hand at the game. I particularly hope you enjoy his takes on things.

So, please give a Total Drek warm welcome to our four guest bloggers.

As for me: I'll see you in a couple weeks.

* Note that Pub Sociology is not coming up anymore from my system, but this is the last link I had to it.

1 Comments:

Blogger TDEC said...

Huzzah for guest bloggers. For when they are blogging, not when they are off doing other nonsense. I hope to god they're interesting and also, yes, that they also blog about non-sociology stuff. Whenever you post about sociology I start off all confident but then within a paragraph realise that I neither understand nor, often, care. I guess it's how people feel when I blog about Eng Lit. Or Northern Ireland. Or Catalonia. Erm.

Monday, June 05, 2006 2:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter