Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Little Things

Posting as an American immigrant in Canada, I'd just like to take this moment to reflect on how the policy differences between these two countries come into your life in unexpected ways.

For example, because I'm hetero, you might think that the Canadian policy recognizing same-sex couples would never really affect my life. But today, I was able to simply add my friend's partner to the emergency contact card at my toddler's daycare centre. No muss, no fuss, two women, one family. One person to pick-up the kid so I can go to the Radiohead show tomorrow.

Thanks, Canada.

2 Comments:

Anonymous canada said...

you are welcome!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:26:00 AM  
Blogger TDEC said...

God, I wish I were moving to Canada, not the US.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 1:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter