Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The World Cup

This year is World Cup year, and of course I mean the FIFA World Cup. As I am now in the US, I find myself almost missing the ubiquitous references to it. Oddly enough, I have even found myself watching the odd match. This is strange because not only could I not possibly care less, but Belgium, my own team, failed to qualify, depriving me of all nationalist motivation to watch it. Of course some of this match-watching is due to Slag, who is abusing my lack of a social life and foolish post-nuptial enjoyment of his company to get me to watch games. To give you just one example - on our mini-moon last weekend we spent the best of Saturday afternoon in front of a small tv in a Mexican restaurant, watching the Italy-US match.

You know what? It was a really good match. The US deserved to win, yes, really. They play Ghana tomorrow; if I were you I'd watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter