Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hold Your Horses on That Free Wifi at the ASA

In the comments to an earlier post, I claimed that there would be free wifi at the ASA meetings in Montreal, because the conference center told me that the ASA had paid for it. However, I just got an email from the ASA, and apparently they will be charging $17/day CAD for that wifi. (No charge for the grimy message center computer with the half-hour wait, Alan).

Now, considering that this is the first ASA I can remember that actually has wifi, maybe I shouldn't complain, but doesn't $17/day seem excessive? Even Starbucks only charges $11.

But, I guess it will all be worth it now that Drek can simulblog the conference in its entirety. I'm looking forward to reading that!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gen said...

I like this blog. I'll visit again because you have something to say. Check mine at... http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=30913144. Later.
Vince Lane

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Drek said...

But, I guess it will all be worth it now that Drek can simulblog the conference in its entirety. I'm looking forward to reading that!

Yee gods, that would be interesting. It'd be like a scavenger hunt- try to figure out who/where Drek is by watching which panels he's at.

Of course, that would only be the case if people gave a rat's ass. So, looks like I'm safe.

Woo-hoo!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:23:00 AM  
Anonymous alan said...

17 bucks a day? Geeze. Three days of that costs more than a month of my home broadband.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter