Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Around and about.

If you're here looking for a fresh and interesting Total Drek post, you're pretty much fucked. If you want something written by me, however, you are still in luck. Today I'm guest posting over on Tom Bozzo's fine blog Marginal Utility. What am I discussing? Well, go see for yourself, but at various points I discuss atheism, evangelism, and social research that suggests that religion is a threat to society. But, then again, maybe it isn't- the story is a little more complicated than it might, at first, seem.

Have fun!

As a side note: I went hunting for pictures on Google images using the search term "economists" and came up with this. [Warning: not particularly work safe.] I just don't know what to say.

2 Comments:

Anonymous bookmobile said...

Drek,

Thought I'd provide you with this unattributed quote (well, somebody noteworthy said it, I'm just not sure who) that I think may sum up your thoughts on religious belief:

"Just because you have faith doesn't mean you're not full of crap."

Sunday, September 03, 2006 7:10:00 AM  
Blogger Drek said...

Not a bad way to go at it, Bookmobile. I've heard it said that faith is the beginning of wisdom rather than the end. Call me crazy, but I frankly doubt that unsubstantiated belief is often the beginning of any sort of wisdom.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter