Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Let's be frivolous today...

Like Brayden I have been known, from time to time, to listen to music. Granted, I tend to prefer heavy metal and classic rock to Brayden's own alternative but, hey, what do you want from me?

One of the modern bands I have developed something of a fondness for is Evanescence. The reasons for this are simple: I tend to prefer female vocalists to male, and like a rock sound. So, they end up being a natural fit for me.

Recently, I became aware that a clip from one of the songs on their new CD has been made available on their website. Curious, I went and had myself a little listen. Now, this sample gives me hope that the second CD isn't going to be a pox upon all mankind but, here's the thing: is it just me, or is Amy Lee sounding more than a little like Fiona Apple?

And man is that ever a bad sign.*

* For any Fiona Apple fans out there, gimme a break, okay? I like "Criminal" quite a bit and "Sleep to Dream," ain't half bad. I even purchased her first album for a car trip years ago. Sadly, that car trip felt ten times longer thanks to the remainder of the tracks, which were fairly... iffy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brayden said...

Ahem, we don't call it alternative anymore. The correct label is indie rock. Alternative rock became devalued the moment groups like Creed lumped themselves into that category.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 4:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter