Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Return

Well, good morning boys and girls. It is I, your host, Drek, and I am once more blogging. I hope you will forgive my absence since the end of the ASA's but, following a relatively straightforward trip home, I found myself with a chance to spend time with my only sister and her husband. Given that I haven't seen my sister since the wedding, and haven't spent much time with my brother-in-law since the bachelor party, I decided to spend as much time with them as possible. Now that they have departed, I can once more return to blogging.

So what can you look forward to in the future? Well, hopefully, actual posts. I've been very bad about updating of late but, with luck, my schedule should calm down from here on in. With the ASAs behind us, classes about to start, and my new laptop working out beautifully, things should begin to return to normal. Moreover, I've actually missed blogging rather a lot, so things look to improve.

Will these alleged posts be any good? Who knows? More to the point: who cares? The reality* is that most of y'all come here just to waste time anyway so the quality of my posts is largely irrelevant.

But, as often as I critique my own work, I suppose I do sometimes write something decent, so keep an eye out. I suppose it'll happen again sooner or later.

* As it happens, this is the number-one explanation** most people use to account for their readership of my blog. Oddly, I find this rather reassuring.

** For those who are curious, number two appears to be, "wanting to be around when someone finally kicks Drek's ass." Well, whatever floats your boat, I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter