Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

'Nuff said.

Continuing our recent startlingly irritating political commentary* are two video clips that I think do a better job than I can myself. I'll start with the serious one, and then move on to the less serious, but more funny, one. Enjoy!

First, Keith Olbermann addresses what it means for a President to be responsible (if the embedded player doesn't work, try this):



And then, in a more uplifting bit, Jon Stewart covers the field of rhetoric. Well, rhetoric as practiced by George W. Bush (again, if the player fails, try here):



And, hey, that does it for me! I know it seems like I've been slacking a lot on the whole writing of blog posts lately but, for what it's worth, I'm going out of town on Wednesday afternoon. So I'm a smidge busy right now.

Which also explains why I'm using such a lame excuse- no time to come up with a better one.

* Of course, I mean "commentary" in the loosest possible sense since, for the most part, I've just been ranting incoherently.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bozzo said...

I would have Keith Olbermann's baby. Just saying.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 2:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, I would too, if I didn't already have Drek... : ) - D's SF

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:32:00 PM  
Blogger Warbler said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 5:08:00 PM  
Blogger Warbler said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Warbler said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Warbler said...

Finally! Amen! Somebody in the media has stood up and unflinchingly said what needs to be said. Very very Edward R. Murrow, right down to the "good night and good luck" at the end. Dare I hope this will start a trend? Will the crowd finally realize the Emperor has no clothes?

I've long said the democrats' failure to express the expected justified outrage over the republicans' outrageous acts is what lost them the last several elections. Keith Olbermann has my undying respect and admiration as a commentator. He's funny, too. Will there be repercussions?

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 5:14:00 PM  
Blogger tina said...

Out of town, eh? Break a leg.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:46:00 PM  
Anonymous bookmobile said...

I'm think I should probably stop bothering the SF, and send this directly to you, huh, Drek? That's assuming I'm the one tipping you off to this stuff, instead of you finding it all on your own.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:32:00 PM  
Anonymous bookmobile said...

READ THIS COMMENT INSTEAD:

I'm think I should probably stop bothering the SF, and send this stuff directly to you, huh, Drek? That's assuming I'm the one tipping you off to the Olbermann and Stewart stuff you've been linking to recently, instead of you finding it all on your own.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter