Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, November 17, 2006

...

I...

Live...

Still!!!!



And I look a helluva lot better than that.

I'm home from the hospital and, so far, no sign of serious complications. That said, my surgeon made a point of mentioning that I have an unusual anatomy underneath my skin. Not as weird as some might imagine, but weird enough to prolong the surgery quite a bit.* All things considered, however, I got off pretty easy.

I'll write more next week. For now, I'm off to "take it easy"** on doctor's orders.

See you later, kids, and thanks for the good-wishes! I appreciated them a great deal.

* Strangely enough, this is not the first time I've had this problem. A run-in with the medical community a number of years ago revealed that certain of my internal organs are in unusual locations. This may sound like a curiosity but, really, can be a bit dangerous as it changes the diagnostic symptoms for various disorders. This was the cause of my rather lengthy stay in the hospital many years ago. It's just tough for a mutant to catch a break I guess.

** As many, including my Sainted Fiancee, know I am rarely capable of actually taking it easy. As an example, I am somewhat notorious for taking a statistics exam my first year in grad school while so sick I was seeing double.***

*** No, this sickness was not alcohol-related. The doctors ultimately told me, "We don't know what you have but we're going to give you cipro, and that should fix it." Yee-haw.

As a side note: Isn't it just like an academic to have more space taken up by the endnotes than by the text itself?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One important note about the stats exam that Drek failed to mention. Even being so sick, he still had something like the second highest grade on the exam.

Glad to hear you are doing well.
~FHR

Friday, November 17, 2006 3:37:00 PM  
Blogger tina said...

Yay! Way to go, Drek!

Friday, November 17, 2006 6:04:00 PM  
Blogger MassBile said...

Very good article...infomational for sure...looking forward to reading some more posts placed on this topic...will be checking this page again..have saved in favorites and bookmarked...thanks

Seo Directory Web Directory

Saturday, November 18, 2006 11:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter