Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, November 24, 2006

More juvenile than normal.

A friend of mine has recently taken a job as a faculty member and has become a father for the first time. Presumably these events are only somewhat unrelated. Amazingly he's still willing to associate with me despite his newfound respectability and we exchange e-mails from time to time. The other day, he forwarded something along to me, commenting that he had come across it while reading to his baby.

You know how children's stories and rhymes usually have some sort of theme? You know how it's usually something cute or amusing and easy to remember? You know how that theme is often something we remember fondly years later?

This is none of those.



I mean, seriously, "I love little pussy"? Maybe I'm just immature,* but I think that there's a subtext in this story that a lot of us can read:

I love little pussy

I love little pussy.
Her coat is so warm.
And if I don't hurt her.
She'll do me no harm.


Maybe the subtext was intended, more likely not, but as it stands my Sainted Fiancee, her cousin** and I all feel it's just a little bit creepy.

* My readers can obviously confirm that this is the case.

** Not her best side, obviously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter