Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, November 20, 2006

now what?

So here I am a day late and several dollars short. I've got one day in a whole week to blog, and I missed it. I'm ashamed. I can't figure out how Drek does it five day in a row.

Part of my problem is that I spent my weekend thinking about things I figured you all wouldn't want to hear about. Like watching my 12-0, #1, national championship bound, Heisman locked Buckeyes beat their rivals, the *still* #2 Michigan Wolverines Saturday, for the 5th time in 6 years. Whata game. Whata team. But if you're not a fan....

And reloading Windows (and of course, everything else) on my desktop. God, what a painful ordeal. You've already been there.

And fretting about jobs and work and time to get thing done. Kvetch, kvetch.

And listening to NPR -- there was a great 1 hr segment on science and religion that I'd love to chat about, but... we've done that before.

But the real problem is I’m having a strange episode of ennui. I blame the democratic victory and this strange period of calm before they take over. The truth is, I think I'm suffering from post-outrage depression. For six years, I’ve been so angry all the time. The Reading the morning paper animated me with lividity. But now…. Sigh. I don't know what to do with myself, really. I can't feel good, exactly...nothing has happened yet, and I don't know for sure it ever will. But nothing's happened this week to piss me off more than usual. The president has appeared actually conciliatory. Sort of. It’s like we’re in a story with an extra chapter between the climax and the denouement.

And I don’t know what to do without that comfortable, terrible anger and worry. I think I miss it.

Maybe next week I’ll tell you all about my tomatoes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, this weekend while I was flipping arround I heard a FOX News person ask "why hasn't the new Democrat run Congress passed any laws yet?"

The answer should have been, "because they are not actually in power yet, you uninformed idiot." But the responce was because Peloci cannot lead very well.

Just thought I would give you one thing that could piss you off more than usual.

Monday, November 20, 2006 3:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter