Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Tales from the Office: Appropriate Response Edition

The Scene: Drek and one of his officemates are walking to the student union in search of coffee. As they go, they talk about their students.

Officemate: No, but that's the thing. They just have to know that they can all fail my class for all I care.

Drek: Well, I understand what you're saying, but there are some students here that actually care and want to do the work. You want to make sure you don't give them up too.

Officemate: Drek- I don't think any of them want to do the work.

Drek: True enough. Still, some of them are very willing and want to learn so don't be too hard on them.

Officemate: Wow, you're being awfully upbeat about students lately. You're normally much more negative about them.

Drek: Eh. I have a really good class this semester. They're pretty hard workers and a lot of them are getting it. I actually just really like my kids right now.

Officemate: Ah.

Drek: Well, except for Janet. She should fall in a well and die.

Officemate: I was gonna say, I've heard you talking about her...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter