Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Very Drek Thanksgiving...

Today is the day that we in the United States celebrate Thanksgiving. For those who don't know, Thanksgiving is when we're supposed to be grateful for everything we have and, secondarily, remember the beginning of the bloody European campaign against North American natives. So, we have that to answer for.

In any case, today is the day we celebrate by eating a whole lot more than we really should. Or, to be more accurate, the day we eat a whole lot more turkey than we really should since on most days we seem to overeat anyway. As has become customary on this day I will refer you to the traditional Thanksgiving post, which still essentially sums up my feelings on the subject. I thought about writing an entirely new Thanksgiving post but my Sainted Fiancee and I are currently with her grandparents who get rather suspicious at a lot of tap-tap-tapping on computers. Go figure.

However, given that this holiday is largely about eating, I have something else to share. A few days ago I remarked in a post about a tin of cookies sent to a colleague as an inducement to adopt a particular textbook. As it happens, my colleague is a reader of this blog and actually sent me a picture of the aforementioned cookies. And so I am proud to present to you the sugariest advertising gimick ever:



As I said before: Mmmmmmm! They taste like professionalism!

Have a happy Thanksgiving folks.

1 Comments:

Blogger tina said...

Happy thanksgiving, Drek. Maybe if you eat enough at one sitting, it will force your odd innards to sort themselves out. ;)

Thursday, November 23, 2006 5:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter