Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Tales from the Office: Dungeons and Dragons Edition

The Scene: Drek is chatting with one of his associates about a recent game of Dungeons and Dragons.*

Drek: So, anyway, we passed down this tight, dark, warm tunnel and ended up in this room.

Associate: Yeah?

Drek: And there we found an invisible chest.

Associate: Really? An invisible chest?

Drek: Yeah. Why, does that mean something?

Associate: No. No, it's just that I'm all of a sudden thinking about my ex-girlfriend.

Drek: ...

Drek: That's a little more than I needed to know, buddy.

Associate: Oh, sure, this from the guy who periodically links to tubgirl?**

Drek: Okay. Well I'm going to have to give you that one.

Associate: Yes. Yes you are.


* Yes, I do sometimes play a little of the old D&D. I long ago recognized and, indeed, embraced my utter loserdom. Hence, similarly, the blogging.

** For those who don't know, and are too chicken to click the link above, "tubgirl" is the most horrifying thing you will ever see outside of a warzone. If you're sufficiently stupid to want to see it, be my guest. Be advised, however, that this picture is so NOT work-safe that it boggles the mind.

As a side note: Yeah, I know, this post sucks and is really not the most tasteful offering ever. Sorry about that. I'm in a hurry and more or less wrote enough actual content last week that the idea of trying to say something smart right now is too much for me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly hope that someone random comes across the blog and clicks on that link. You could then take some credit for inflicting permanent damage on an unsuspecting population.


-Another Sociologist

Monday, December 11, 2006 10:47:00 AM  
Anonymous alienacean said...

Hey, I resemble several of those remarks >:|

>> "tubgirl" is the most horrifying thing you will ever see..."

false! I've seen worse, though along similar lines. ever seen the video of the japanese women naked in a tub vomiting on each other and writhing around in it / on each other? *shudders*

Monday, December 11, 2006 4:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know alienacean, if you're going to make these claims you really need to provide links. If not for me, then for Drek. If nothng else you'll save him from having to scour the internet for said disturbing image.

And, yes, commenting on Drek's blog is so much more rewarding than finishing up the paper I should be working on...

-Another Sociologist

Monday, December 11, 2006 5:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter