Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I just... wow.

What do you even say about a product like this?



I'm at a complete loss.

No, wait, not quite at a complete loss. I think I can say with certainty that your likelihood of having sex is probably the inverse of your likelihood of purchasing, and attempting to use, this item.

That's what I'm going to tell myself so I can sleep at night, anyway.

On the other hand I can think of one use for this item: something to help you breathe while you wade through all the horseshit President Bush flung around during last night's State of the Union Address. I don't have time to go through it in depth, and the boys and girls over on Marginal Utility will probably do a more thorough job than I could anyway, but I will point out this about the President's proposed tax cut for health insurance:

Most people who really need health insurance, most low-income Americans who are suffering for lack of access to decent care, don't have a large enough tax liability for this to work. For most of them, the cut in taxes will be far overshadowed by the cost of healthcare. This is, like the rest of Bush's presidency, a "solution" that sounds good, but ultimately does nothing. Or, as one commentator remarked, it's like throwing someone in a forty-foot hole a ten-foot rope.

Imagine my surprise.


Special thanks to Something Awful which first reported on this product.

As a side note: I can only feel sorry for the model in the above picture. The woman, not the man. That just cannot be one of her better gigs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Practicing Idealist said...

The device, like Bush's speech, leaves something to be desired. I have one question, though...is there a comparable device being sold for women? I think the device you have pictured just serves to reinforce the general (i.e., stereotypical) male dislike for doing certain sexual activities, while being happy to accept similar activities in return.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Tom Bozzo said...

I've opted for vituperation so far, though I suppose we'll get around to real analysis eventually.

With the health plan, there are so many little demons hanging around in the shadows of the description you link that I hardly know what to think of it. Your general conclusion is right on, though. I'd add that it's not obvious to me who's on the margins of this "plan."

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger plain(s)feminist said...

On the plus side, however, at least she has nice shoes.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter