Total Drek

Or, the thoughts of several frustrated intellectuals on Sociology, Gaming, Science, Politics, Science Fiction, Religion, and whatever the hell else strikes their fancy. There is absolutely no reason why you should read this blog. None. Seriously. Go hit your back button. It's up in the upper left-hand corner of your browser... it says "Back." Don't say we didn't warn you.

Friday, January 19, 2007

That's a new one on me.

The Scene: Drek is reading the comments from his most recent set of Teacher Course Evaluations.


What did you especially like about this course?

Drek is incredibly organized and thorough in explaining the material. The examples used and explanations really enhance lessons. I really appreciate how much he cares about students understanding. I found the class enjoyable and Drek to be one of the best teachers I've had at the University.


Drek: Well that was sweet!


What suggestions would you make to improve this course?

Wear funny outfits to class!


Drek: What the f-?

As one of my officemates pointed out, however: at least it didn't say Funnier.


Please note that I'm not kidding. These are actual comments, only slightly altered to protect my identity.

2 Comments:

Blogger tina said...

Funny outfits are the cornerstone of my pedagogical philosophy.

Friday, January 19, 2007 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous a very public sociologist said...

What a crazy gang social science students are. I've been told my lessons would be better if I had big hair, played instruments (hmm ... Durkheim set to music *would* be interesting) and had more seminars in the pub.

Monday, January 22, 2007 2:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter